Cosimo Erario italian singer-songwriter and guitarist was born in Carbonara di Bari, Italy. He studies jazz guitar and improvisation with master Nico Stufano, attended the Course of Advanced Musical Studies at Siena Jazz held by Master Riccardo Bianchi.
He later studies with american jazz guitarists Pat Metheny, Joe Diorio, Mike Stern, and attends in Germany workshops by M. Landau, F. Gambale, B. Kulick, P. D'Agostino, A. Timmons, P. Reed, S. Henderson. Alongside the many projects of jazz, he tours and works in recording studios for pop-rock projects playing with young artists from "Festival di Sanremo" (Lorenzo Zecchino and Erica Mou). He's a well known guitar sideman in Modena (Studio „Maison Blanche“, production place of L. Pavarotti, Zucchero, E. Ramazzotti), Bologna, Milan, Bari, Cologne and Nuremberg.
In 1994 he tours Germany for eighteen months with the Italian formation "La Piazza," performing some 300 concerts. In 1995 he moves to Cologne starting teaching guitar (a.o. DEUTSCHE POP ACADEMY Cologne) and performs in famous TV shows: TOP OF THE POPS (RTL) - SCHLAG DEN RAAB (PRO7) - MENSCHEN BILDER EMOTIONEN 2006 (RTL) with german and international stars (TAKE THAT - Joe Cocker).
Participations in events and festivals, last:
- "ITALIANA 2012" / "IM SCHOSS DER ERDE-TWINS KULTURHAUPTSTADT EUROPAS RUHR 2010" as composer and guitar player in the live perfornance of the silent movies "Maciste" und "Cainà" with G. Petrella, L. Minafra, A. Salis, L. Barnes. - "MISTER VOLARE" event dedicated to D.Modugno, as singer-songwriter with E. Mou K. Fornarelli.
-"DESIGN MIT DRIVE" in Museumspädagogische Gesellschaft - Cologne (2010)
- "EXTRASCHICHT 2009" in LVR Centre.
-"50 JAHRE DEUTSCHE VITA" WDR (2008).
- "WORLD YOUTH DAY 2005- Bonn" as Special Guest of Menschen Symphony Orchestra (audience of 115,000).
He realizes as singer a maxi CD of italian songs produced by D.Krauthausen (producer of M.M.Westernhagen). As vocal coach and lyricist he collaborates on the project "THE CHAMPS" (SONY) of the band "THIS SIDE UP" for the pilot of Formula 1 M.Schumacher.
In 2000, founding the EGP records, label and music publishing, he realizes firstly film music for WFILM Cologne winning awards critics.
With EGP records he releases as artist and producer five CDs:
- "WORLD" (instrumental jazz rock-2000)
- "THE DOG IS MY KING" (instrumental electro, chill out, lounge-2004)
- "MILLE OCEANI" ("Thousand Oceans" - unplugged singer-songwriter-2006) place#1 (MYSPACE - Deutschland); place #1 (RADIO SONGVAULT - Los Angeles)
- "ACQUA E STELLE" ("Water and Stars" - pop rock, singer-songwriter - 2010)
- "C'È" ("To be there" - Pop Rock Singer-Songwriter - 2013)